Okay, guys, I've finally saw Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars and it is AWFUL!
GOT YOU! I fooled you, didn't I?
I mean I really love the special, I really do. And seeing How I say Episode IV a couple of times, I have to give Dan and Swampy kudos for actually getting it right.....WITHOUT upsetting the fans who hold the Star Wars Universe so closely and always worry that Disney's going to fuck it up, but guess what?
THEY DIDN'T! As the disclaimer said "None of this is canon, so just relax"
What I really loved the special is that even if I've never seen any of the Star Wars parodies before, but Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars
is so refreshing is that they didn't portray the characters from Star Wars, they're are starring alongside the Star Wars characters.
And I think I have my favorite characters from the special.
1. Perry the Rebelpus
- He never ceases to wow me. (Hell, there is even a nod to Across the 2nd Dimension where Phineas and Ferb discovering Perry as a secret agent, They were betrayed and hurt, but they let bygones be bygones.) And that's it. Seriously, that's it. There's nothing more that I can say about him, except for the part in the beginning where he stole the Death Star Plans, that was cool. Okay, I think I've said enough.
- Okay, I think she is really more badass than the 2nd Dimension Isabella, I really love the backstory of how she became Han Solo's rival. Plus, she is actually even more sassy and fashionable than the 2nd Dimension Isabella. Okay, I'm sorry about me bragging about how I thought the Star Wars Isabella is actually better than the 2nd Dimension Isabella. And I really love the confrontation between her and Han Solo and I really loved how she learned about friendship. No, not referencing the whole "Friendship is Magic" hullabaloo (btw, Love the show). So what else to say, she is one of the best Isabella incarnations ever.
- Actually, it's Doof being Doof. I really loved that he's the lowest of the Darths and wants to get his revenge by making himself more evil than Darth Vadar. And his song is one of the catchiest I've ever heard of. Okay I think I've said enough.
4. Ferb (Darth version)
- Yeah the idea of having Phineas and Ferb being on opposite sides was hard to pull off (In Nerds of a Feather, there are battle lines between Speckies and Finkies, but Phineas and Ferb never separate themselves, they're trying to get fans to understand that fans have a lot in common with other franchises), but this one has worked it's way by having him get zapped by Darthenshmirtz's Sith-inator, thus making him a powerful Sith Lord. I have to admit it, Darth Ferb looks awesome in Darth Maul makeover style. As a matter of fact, I've asked a question to Dan and Swampy about the idea of making Ferb a Sith Lord. That's right, I'm the guy who asked that question, (The
Joseph Monasky from that Spreecast), That's right I'm the guy, the proof is in the pudding. Okay I'm done with my boasting. Anyway, I actually felt that making Ferb a Sith Lord from the Sith-Inator is very epic and I was glued to the dramatic action, and the modified lightsabers. So that's why Darth Ferb is more evil than Darth Vadar's ever been. Sorry Darthenshmirtz, You'll get your chance in the sequel (If Dan and Swampy ever made one).
5. Stormtrooper Candace
- Okay I really sympathize with the character because she wanted to bust some rebels (like the usual Candace), but sadly, she's stuck on getting Darth Vadar's socks. I really loved the point where she realized that she was fighting for the wrong side, I'm also surprised that Candace left home as a child to join the empire, that's something interesting. (prequel short?) Overall, Stormtrooper Candace is the best version of Candace ever.
Okay, what else did I like about the special? Well the usual Phineas and Ferb
treatment of songs. They're awesome, but Doof's song is the catchiest that I've ever heard in my life. And the in-jokes? I really laughed at them, especially at the beginning with the Empire administrative cruiser, that was really funny. Buford and Baljeet serve as great comic relief, And I really loved how it separates itself from the rest of the Star Wars parodies by having the Phineas and Ferb
characters actually starring alongside the Star Wars
characters. It didn't need to reenact the movie word for word, scene to scene, it had to have its characters star alongside the characters from another franchise. That's how you do it.
If there's one complaint coming from me..............................................No Spaceballs
Overall, this is a whole lot better than last year's Mission Marvel
, and a whole lot better than Across the 2nd Dimension, I suggest you just relax and enjoy the special.
And I'm hoping for Phineas and Ferb: The Empire Strikes Back Dear Dan and Swampy,
I Really loved with what you did with Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars, You actually are big Star Wars fans, even me and my friends on deviantART, so it would be awesome if you guys did...........Phineas and Ferb: The Empire Strikes Back. Please make this one. For the fans and yourselves.